View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
What just happened to my K3? It keeps hanging

I've had my old 3rd gen Kindle WiFi for about 15 months, and never had a problem (except for the brief interlude with the un-lit cover - Amazon kindly replaced it with a lit one!). However, last night it simply hung. I tried to change page, and it wouldn't respond to anything, except a reboot (sliding the power-slider for much longer than you'd expect). Once it boots up it has forgotten which book I was reading, and doesn't list it in the 'Most Recently First' list. By the time I had found the book, and where I was in the book, I managed to read another three pages before it happened again. And again. And again, again and again today.

Is it a sign that I should put in a pre-order for the Paperwhite?

And is it really a coincidence that it happens when they're pushing out a new firmware revision? (It still claims to be version 3.3 (611680021)).
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote