View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 08:22 AM   #192
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Since my last trip to the audiologist I'm listening to audiobooks on my new Bluetooth hearing aids. It's the only way to listen. The fact that they're CIC (Completely In the ear Canal) devices leads to some interesting situations. Someone asked me a question at Planet Fitness the other day and I apologized for the difficulty in understanding her because the voices in my head were drowning her out. The fellow next to me laughed, so I pulled one of many hearing aids out and held it close enough to his ear that he could hear Elizabeth Klett reading Jane Eyre for Librivox. See? There ARE voices in my head. You can hear them, too.

Best things to do while listening? Crossword puzzles still top my list. Word puzzles I don't recommend, unless you're a pasty-faced android assigned to a Star Fleet ship as they demand too much of the same parts of your brain's attention as the books. The second best thing is probably walking.
The hearing aids sound very Neal Stephenson-esque.
Do they let you hear a whisper at 100 yards and pick up frequencies only dogs and Superman can hear?

Aren't crossword puzzles word puzzles? It's kind of right there in the name.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote