View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #32
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Barry. Your post illustrates very nicely the limitations of copyright discussion on Mobileread. I can comment substantively on your piracy opinion only if I agree with you. If I wished to argue that piracy is justified in some circumstances or even only that it has or may have a positive influence in some circumstances I will end up banned or suspended and my post deleted or edited for condoning piracy. Whilst I wish free discussion could take place, I do not have a problem with the situation. I do not want to see Mobileread threatened and sued.
I think there's a big difference in discussing the virtues of piracy and discussing copyright law. It's entirely possible to discuss copyright freely without advocating piracy even if you do privately advocate piracy. Just discuss copyright. Simple enough.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote