View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #37
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
What exactly is this site and who hosts it and why? If you read the FAQ, it says "We are an online android community forum that provide tutorial and FAQ on Android application development.."

Aside from the Engrish, there is no forum at all. There are only old blog posts that are copied verbatim from other sites.

It may not be evil, but I am not very comfortable with side-loading apps on my devices from such anonymous sites. I would rather trust Google and Amazon.

It's not an anonymous or evil website. I have downloaded plenty of Apps from here with ZERO problems. These alternative Android App websites grew out of necessity because the Official Google Android Market is not available to all tablet users. This site is no different than SlideMe, FreewareLovers, AndroidPIT, 1Mobile etc. If they were shady they would offer PAID Apps FREE, as well as free Apps. They offer both which tells me their not out to break any copyright restrictions. They aren't CyberDevilz or ThePirateBay.

Would we like to have access to the Google Market? Sure. But, many Fire owners do not have the ability or desire to Root their tablet in order to get it.

Beside, I remember downloading the NY Times App from the Android Community website based on a link you provided in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158615

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-30-2011 at 01:52 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote