View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #11
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Great observation Wizard-mag. I think overhead mounts for digital cameras is the way we will all be scanning books in the future. But it may be some time until that method can compete with OpticBook for the general book scanning user. I'd love to see some products appearing that are simply an overhead mount for good standard compact digital cams (like the Canon SD600 that I just got for $200). People are already buying them and the overhead mount can't be too expensive. Make it a bundle with overhead mount and OCR/Scanning software and it might be a very nice way to scan books... if there's no hidden "gotchas" to that approach.

Thanks also to everyone for the interest in Part 2. It is coming, but please be patient as my schedule is a little crazy right now! I look forward to getting it ready.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote