View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #28
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Hmmm... I'm not answering yet because I'm sitting here with a firm *maybe*. This is definitely a case where I'd like to hold one in my hands before spending the money for it.

My biggest question is whether the Kindle DX is going to be easy for someone to use who only has the use of the left hand. Both of the predecessor devices have Next Page buttons on the left as well as the right side of the case. I'm loading the User's Guide over this very slow network connection to see if the autorotate function is only portrait to landscape or if one could turn the Kindle 180 degrees so that the page-turning buttons are on the left. Alright! Page 29 says, "Tip: Want the Next and Prev Page buttons on the left? Simply rotate the device 180 degrees so that the buttons are on the left side." Of course that wreaks havoc with the keyboard layout, but that's something to think about later.
Come on Elsi... you know you want one... it's so pretty... and big... Come to our side Elsi... hundreds of thousands of PDF books from Google will be available... shiny & new... all the books on Archive.org... looks sooo nice with decal girl skin... 19th century illustrated books by Dumas, Dickens, Hugo, etc... Cookbooks... Come on Elsi... creating PDFs is really easy too... Darknet (shhhh)... it's relatively cheap... it's calling you Elsi
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote