View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichinagam View Post
One added piece of information. I installed Calibre portable onto a USB drive and opened up the app. Only the Introductory Help file was visible. I was hoping that I could import the existing regular Calibre library into the portable library. How do I do that or is there a better way to the end result that I want?
Copy your existing library into the 'Calibre Portable' folder on the USB drive - at the same level as 'calibre-portable.exe' - do not create a subfolder for it. The libraries MUST be in the Calibre Portable folder.

Now fire up calibre portable and use the Library->Switch/Create library tool to browse to that library folder, set the 'Use the previously existing library at the new location' radio button, and press enter.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote