View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Nope. I also took a closer look at the 5.0.3 update, which already contained two distinct .bin files for 5.0.0 and 5.0.1.

But because I'm lazy, and I figured that someone else had already done the work, I just asked...
Well, not all work, because I don't know what is changed from 5.0.3 besides busybox and kernel. And kernel, in fact, could be the same as after applying of 5.0.3 (I didn't checked md5sum's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Does this require a 5.0.0 image to be installed on the partition before updating it?
Yes. 5.0.0 or 5.0.3. 5.0.4 will not work if it will be just unpacked to empty partition.

It's an update, after all
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote