View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #54
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by victauria View Post
I'm grateful for this exchange because I had hoped to join in both a book club and this challenge. But it is all quite a bit to figure out in the month I've had my reader, so this makes feel much warmer/fuzzier about jumping in and constructing something suitable for me at this point.

I want to challenge myself to read and reduce my p-books while at the same time making the most use possible of my e-reader. I think 50 books for 2012 is a good start for me, since I'm just obsessive enough to want to surpass the number rather than fall short

And I want to challenge myself with a book club--reading and participating! (It's the second part that will be more difficult, I do believe.)

Thanks for the welcome and explanation given to spindlegirl; I shall warm myself in the reflected glow!

V
Welcome to MobileRead, e-reading, the 2012 challenge and (hopefully) the book club(s)!!

The Book Clubs: The Book Clubs are located HERE. We have two - The Mobile Read Book Club which offers a different genre every month and the Literary Book club which concentrates on literature. You can join either (or both) at anytime. In the Mobile Read book club we are currently voting for the January 2012 selection. There was no nomination process, as January is our "2nd Place" category - we vote between all of the 2nd place books from Feb. to Dec. of the year before. Feel free to jump right in!

In the Literary Book Club, we are still reading December's selection, but its not to late to start. Discussions will not start until January 1st.

Hope to see you in one or the other.

Don't forget to reserve your spot in the Challenge thread list (see my signature for the link).

Happy Reading!

~Nyssa

Last edited by Nyssa; 12-22-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: fixed a million and one typos!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote