View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
For me FW went from being a great option for choice and price a year ago to my last resort when I can't find a book elsewhere (or if by some miracle the FW price is lowest, which hasn't happened for the past 6 months at least).

As a non-US resident (i.e. highly discriminated against in terms of price and geo restrictions) FW has gone down to the bottom of the pile - and it's a big pile now! Most of their worthwhile titles are tied up with the Geo restrictions - I guess it used to be similar in the past, but you could easily work-around it with a little effort. Not so now.

And then there are the not-so-special deals they purport to offer. All-in-all, rather unattractive to me...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote