View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 03:55 AM   #20046
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just finished "King of the North", the first half of the "Tale of the Fox" omnibus by Harry Turtledove. This is a part of my "catch up on my Baen purchases" project: I originally bought this book in June 2000 (yes, I've got quite a lot of catching up to do ).

Quote:
Ever since the catastrophic Werenight isolated the Northlands from the Elabonian Empire, Gerin the Fox has hoped to settle down as the peaceful ruler of Fox Keep ... but destiny seems to have other ideas. The Voice of the god Biton prophesies danger to the Northlands.

Gerin has already beaten off invaders, both human and inhuman. But this time he faces an invasion by the Gradi, led by their cold, fierce gods. Gerin has to fight fire with fire by invoking all the supernatural help he can get from the capricious god Mavrix, the aloof but powerful Biton, and the more elemental gods of those who live beneath the ground.
Very good fantasy. I don't know if this book is still available to buy but, if it is, I recommend it.

Unfortunately the first two books in the series, collected in a Baen omnibus edition called "Wisdom of the Fox", are not available as ebooks, but don't let that put you off; this omnibus is eminently readable without them.

Last edited by HarryT; 06-26-2014 at 04:00 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote