View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The CyBook is the best buy at the moment:

Full Mobipocket Suport, including word look-up in dictionaries
Fonts can be installed, and large range of font size (unlike Sony)
Case included in the price
Cheapest

The main drawback to the current generation of 6" devices is the glass substrate of the eInk screen. This time next year we should see similar machines with plasic substrates, which should be much more robust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
Just when I keep making up my mind on which to buy, something else comes up and brings me back to square one. As a uk consumer, we now have the choice of bebook (£229), gen3 (£179), iliad (£400), sony 505 (£199) all from high streeet retailers (wh smiths, waterstones, sony shop), well apart from bebook which looks like a uk website.

For me the iliad although a worthy product, but is way too expensive, but I'm torn between the sony 505/bebook and gen3. Does anyone know of any other uk websites or uk retailers selling other models for reasonable prices ? Or if you had to choose between the 505/bebook and gen3, which one?

decisions, decisions!!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote