View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #1735
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
What is it about ebooks (and ereaders) that make them so joyously hoardable?
I am spartan in my possessions except perhaps for the two ceiling-tall bookcases with my last treasured pbooks. I just say 'no' to alcohol, cigarettes, recreational drugs, and empty carbs having long ago used up my lifetime ration.

I have determined that it is Calibre's ability to stack up all my ebooks for my admiration that has created this obsessive compulsion to buy more...and more.
This genius program has created a security that access to my books will last out my lifetime even though said lifetime cannot possibly be long enough to read each one.

Some days (when little is on offer) my compulsion is controlled. Today Amazon's Daily Deal offers 40 mysteries & thrillers: each $1.99 or less. I am undone.

Last edited by BelleZora; 04-21-2013 at 10:35 AM.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote