View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #12
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
VR mentioned that I had also scanned pages, OCRed text, and proofed the result. This is true.
It would help me if you would post your OCR methods (software, workflow, etc.). I started converting the Bobbsey Twins books and posting here. The first couple of books are available at Project Gutenberg, but there are several that are in the public domain, but not at PG. I found most of the missing ones at Google Books and downloaded the PDF file. (Not knowing how to approach OCRing the PDF, I also snatched a text version.) I bought the remaining ones on eBay and need to scan them.

So, when I'm done, I will have performed all the possible tasks to convert a book from the various available sources.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote