View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #21
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The firmware upgrade should have been copied into the .kobo directory located in the root of the Kobo's internal storage and not directly into the root. The fun on a Macintosh is that it hides folders with names starting with a . so you need to jump through some hoops to locate the folder.

You can check the URL below for a bit of help:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ta20623?viewlocale=en_us

Regards,
David
Or, just mount your KOBOeReader, and from the finder, go to the menu: Go -> "Go to folder..." Type in: /Volumes/KOBOeReader/.kobo ...and hit "Go."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
It's funny.... I tend to do a lot of the file manipulation on my Kobo from the Windows command line. I often wonder why Mac users don't do this as well; a simple "cd .kobo" will work regardless of the directory being hidden, or a "cp some_file .kobo"
Because, dragging and dropping from the Finder is a lot faster, if you know how to quickly view a hidden file. And, if you don't know how to quickly view a hidden file, you probably also don't know how to use the terminal or which commands to use to copy stuff over from the terminal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justywusty View Post
i was able to update using the .zip file from the developer's corner. weird :/

when i went into the .kobo folder on my kobo, i noticed there was a file called "kobo-update-2.4.0.zip"...it was there from my failed wifi attempts. should i just delete that file now that 2.4.0 is already installed?
Hah, so it seems like the freeze after the download via Wifi is due to the device having trouble unpacking the zip file...?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote