View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Mass conversion from PRC to mobi is easy. Simply rename... PDB is more difficult.
Now that's interesting. mobi uses the later version of prc compression. It makes sense that you could just rename the files with the later version. I didn't realize you could rename the older version as well.

Anyhoo--WRT notMetro readers, Freda, Overdrive and Book Bazaar seem to have merits. Liberty is very limited in what it can do, so I'll probably cease to use it. Still no non-epub readers that I can find (other than Kindle). I'll probably stick with the Win8 desktop readers. Reading in notMetro on a large screen is annoying, unless you sit all the way across the room, and that makes using the touchscreen difficult.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote