View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristoexian View Post
The first is to clarify that the device connect button in Calibre is not for iPad users. I do hope there is hope if it in the future, if not. I know we have other means, and I've been using the Content Server beautifully since I found Calibre many months ago.
If by "device connect button" you mean "Start wireless device connection", then yes, and yes.

The first "yes": Calibre Companion, the app that uses calibre's wireless connection driver, currently runs only on android devices.

The second "yes": we (the builders of Calibre Companion) are looking at building an iOS (iPad etc) version of CC. We have two concerns: we need to convince ourselves that the demand is there, and that the Apple App Police won't refuse to put our app into the app store. The reason first concern is obvious: why build something that iPad users won't want? The second is is an issue because Apple might decide that we compete somehow with iBooks or iTunes and reject our app. The only way for us to find out is to spend the time and effort to build it, only to have it all go into the trash can if the app is rejected. We think this is an unlikely outcome, but it is a concern.

Did I answer your question?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote