View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Spotlight importer for Mac OS X

I posted a brief announcement in another thread, but in case you didn't notice that, a new Spotlight plugin for ePub files has been released together with an updated Quicklook plugin.

I'd be interested in any feedback here (I helped write the Spotlight importer, and hacked on the core code a bit) but if you want to raise an "Issue" yourself on github please do so.

https://github.com/jaketmp/ePub-quicklook

Edit: the download DMG had some bad links, please try again!

It indexes quite a few bits of ePub 2 metadata, as well as the textual content of unprotected books. Indexed metadata includes:
  • Title
  • Authors
  • Contributors
  • Editors
  • Translators
  • Illustrators
  • ISBN
  • Publisher
  • Language

In addition it tries to detect the variant of DRM being used (Apple, Adobe, Kobo, Barnes & Noble) and for expiring (e.g. library) books, their expiry date.

Last edited by chrisridd; 03-13-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: DMG download has been fixed
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote