Thread: Touch Returned my Kobo Touch
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #13
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by plib View Post
I repeat (certainly as far as the Kobo is concerned):

A hardware reset which doesn't bring back a hardware stored default is broken.
So, how is holding one physical button down and flipping another not a "hardware reset"? Doing that does a complete reset back to the original firmware flashed onto the ROM (i.e. it does a factory reset). If that's not working for you, I'm not sure what any other type of reset would do any more. Sounds like something was more broken than just needing to get the device back to its original settings. Or am I missing something?
robko is offline   Reply With Quote