Thread: Vox Reviews
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegadgets View Post
I expected the review to address the AFFS screen and tell us about the antiglare. The fact that it wasn't mentioned at all makes me wonder if it is any less reflective than the Nook Color and than the KIndle Fire will be. I have been seriously considering buying the Kobo Vox because of that touted feature.
antiglare or not, it's still an LCD screen and will never compare to e-ink in its current form. Glare isn't the only thing that' s a problem using LCD outside, it's the fact that the light outside can over power the back lighting of an LCD screen, washing out visibility. Glare only adds to problem. IF they've been able to overcome this, I'll be highly impressed.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote