View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
q5485
q5485 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
How to embed animation in epub

Hi there

I searched for the phrase "embed animation" in the search box above, but could not find a single match, hence this post.

I am a children's book author with several illustrated hardcover books. I am getting them animated and will put the animation after my ebook. The reader of my ebook will be offered a choice of reading the ebook or watching the animation (which is based on the print version of the book) or doing both.

I need to embed animation in the epub file. I have converted the animation into m4v and mov formats so that it can play on ipads and iphones. I can convert the printed books into epubs using sigil, callibre and epub Maker software. But I can't seem to find a way of embedding animation into my epub, that will work.

Does anyone know a resource for a non-techie that will explain how to embed an animation in an epub file? I can do basic html editing but am not familiar with java script or scripting in any form. I also have no knowledge of css. Does this mean I am totally handicapped and need to hire an epub composer? I am struggling and would like to do it myself, if I can.

Many thanks for your help and suggestions.
Happy New Year to all of you.
q5485 is offline   Reply With Quote