View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #31
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I was not thinking about money at all when I started self-publishing books. I put out one novel (Princess of Amathar) for $1.59, and then released the next three books for free. I sometimes wish I had charged for His Robot Girlfriend, because if only a tiny fraction of those who have downloaded it had paid, I'd be sitting on more money than I've made from all my other books. It just recently passed the 80,000 download mark. (Actually a tiny fraction has paid. I've had several unsolicited donations from readers.)

On the plus side, although I'm still measuring my writing income in the hundreds rather than thousands of dollars, I am happy that it has increased each quarter. I actually get a little giddy when a single ebook is sold. So as long as both these things continue, I'll be a happy writer.

I look at Brian S. Pratt, profiled on the Smashwords Blog, and see his great success, and the first thing I notice is that he has a lot of books. I'm really kicking myself for not gettting as much writing done as I should. Maybe after school lets out next week...
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote