View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
if you know CSS, then editing an ePub can be quite easy. Also, you can give Sigil a go as well.
But I don't want to! I want to go to a shop, buy a book and start reading it.

This worked fine with mobi books, at least until I started getting worried about the DRM.

Then I had to learn how to install and use some Python scripts, it took me months (mostly because I didn't spend that much time working on it, I'd rather read) but I finally had it working, and then I had to switch to epub and do the whole thing again.

Except that with Adobe epubs, I can't download the book from anywhere I want, I have to do it from my own computer and to use ADE instead of simply downloading from my browser.

Then I tried to read epub files and found that they are more trouble than they're worth, so I went back to mobi and started converting the epub files I bought. More trouble

OK, I admit that my reluctance to switch to epub is not entirely rational. In part, it's because I was doing fine with mobi and I'm being forced to switch against my will. In part it's because I hate the Adobe DRM implementation. And in part it's because publishers just don't know how to make a decent epub file.

But I don't see how editing manually each epub book I buy or download is going to make my life easier...

Maybe I should just go back to paper books, they are easier to find, cheaper and much less trouble

I'll give Sigil a go before I do that
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote