View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
anarcat
Connoisseur
anarcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Onyx Boox Note Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Pixel 4a
Wallabag (read it later app) automated synchronization

Hi!

I have been working for the last few days on a program to synchronize a Kobo device with a Wallabag instance. Wallabag, if you do not know, is a free software replacement for Pocket, a "read it later" app.

The software is available on Gitlab, where you can also download actual binaries that you can install directly on your Kobo, including an (untested) KoboRoot.tgz that you should be able to just drop on your SDcard and start syncing! (Some configuration is actually required to write your credentials.) More information is available in the project's README file.

This targets Kobo readers, but it may just work on other e-readers, provided they have an architecture supported by Golang and you can find a way to notify the OS about the new books. I posted this in a Kobo topic just because it's the tool I use right now, but it may be better in a different topic...

Feedback, testing and comments are very welcome.

Note: this is a followup to a thread I posted about a year ago, it's nice to finally scratch that itch. Also note that I had trouble making the books synchronize, and started a discussion about the best way to trigger a library rescan, so your feedback is welcome there as well.

Last edited by anarcat; 01-31-2017 at 09:56 AM. Reason: note this may not be kobo-specific
anarcat is offline   Reply With Quote