Thread: Where You Live
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I moved to rural Illinois from rural Texas five years ago Jan. 29th. Comparing the two...

Illinois smells better than anyplace I've ever lived - no more eau de cattle ranch.
Winter in Illinois lasts forever. And it's COLD.
Summer in Texas is HOT and miserable. And lasts forever.
Much greener in Illinois - except during the winter, of course.
More flora and fauna in Illinois to admire.
Texas is a state of mind.
Dressing up in Texas consists of jeans and a nice shirt.
Dressing up in Illinois consists of the "little black dress" that looks stupid on me.
Politics in Illinois is a complete farce.
Texas congressmen go to Oklahoma to escape voting on something they don't want to deal with.
Texas has more characters.
Illinois had Al Capone.
Texas has BRISKET!
Illinois has Chicago style pizza.

I'd call it a draw, except for one thing - the benefit that Illinois has that makes it the clear winner - Illinois has my Chris
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote