View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 11:08 AM   #8
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i could post lots and lots of posts from other forums from people who have lost mega data.
also. Mega's own T&C say

We can immediately suspend or terminate your access to the website and our services without notice to you:

31.3: if you are using a free account and that account has been inactive for over *3 months* or we have been unable to contact you using the email address in your account details.

Termination of free accounts for inactivity or failure to respond: .. We’ve therefore instituted an option for MEGA to terminate inactive accounts or non-responsive accounts after 3 months.

the 50gb deal has definitely reduced to 15 now ( you are historically exempt)

if I was CC developer I would choose not to have to intercept messages like " you have exceeded your bandwidth allowance" - try again in 5 hours. new customers get only 1Gb allowed after trial

its good for you - ok, but sensibly the devs should assess demand for support at look closely at what they would be taking on. it is a very different design to the what box, dropbox etc use
i challenge you to name any 3rd party ( not produced by mega) app in google store that can access mega. because ( as I already said) the only way to do it is with your mega account password. There is no concept of secure authentication as used by dropbox, google drive, one drive... where the app is able to get authorised access without ever seeing your cloud password

this may be why you still have 50gb:
https://www.quora.com/Is-the-MEGA-nz...50-GB-to-15-GB
Is the MEGA.nz free account size reduced from 50 GB to 15 GB?
MEGA has changed its policy involving free accounts for a while now, at least since early 2018. This change in policy was not enforced retroactively though, people who created their free accounts before that change (as I did) still have their 50GB intact. Any account created since has 50GB initially, but that is temporary, falling back to 15GB permanently after a certain period.

also the bandwidth limitations are onerous. exceed them and you get throttled or suspended for hours. a 5Gb download allowance would not be sufficient for c some calibre libraries
"The file-storing service Mega usually cuts free users off once they’ve downloaded around 5GB or so, forcing you to wait hours before you can resume whatever it is you were transferring."- how is an app designer going to handle that ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote