View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #75
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't think that would work. When I want to find other books by an author, I just search for the author on Amazon. I never, ever, visit authors' web sites, and the type of thing you describe would just irritate me and make me think that the author was playing silly games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Do not think it would work though...

From my experience, and my experience talk to others, a unknown (to a given buyer) author is more likely to be read if they have a backlist then if they do not. Similar to the idea that success breeds success.
I write in different genres, and I believe that a readily available complete back list could be a damper for some of them.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote