View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Not a wholly bad idea that I have advanced before.

Each book in succession will have a different Pseudonym until finally (hopefully) you have a success. Then you go with that name.

If you wish, at a later date when you have a bit of a following, you might introduce them to some of your earlier works and those pseudonyms, but very carefully.

I would call this the "avoiding the albatross ploy."
I don't think that would work. When I want to find other books by an author, I just search for the author on Amazon. I never, ever, visit authors' web sites, and the type of thing you describe would just irritate me and make me think that the author was playing silly games.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote