View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #7
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Also, sometimes the omnibus groups books by a different criteria than sequence. I might do it as I do with short story collections-list Omnibus in tags & the individual titles/sequences in the comments.

I'm starting to find that more-and-more Library Management via Calibre relies on comments. Too many situations that don't fit. I've now run into 'sagas' which is a series that contains other series and worse, a 'universe' which is a series that branches. (See Eric Flint's 1632 & follow-ons. I'm sure there are others but that's the one I've been lately untangling so it springs first to mind.) Even using comments I haven't found a decent way to untangle that. Especially when I try to include the short stories in the collections.

And a further problem are series with 'outliers'. In the case of H Beam Piper's Fuzzy Sapiens series he left it incomplete at his death. At least two 'posthumous' books have been written in the series-and the contradict each other. I've taken the one sanctioned by his estates as 'real' and the other as the outlier. (Can't remember the titles offhand-and even if I looked them up I'd need to figure out which is which again since I lost my notes on that one before I figured out how to handle it.)
Calibre supports series hierarchy so you can have universe as well as series just use a period between a universename.seriesname
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote