View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 07:43 PM   #13
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
I want to know how are you able to read the touchscreen with nickel running.

About alpha quality, I have a couple of "tethered" devices available for testing.
When waiting for a touch event, I simply open '/dev/input/event1' and read whatever it spits out (a Linux 'input_event' struct). It's then just a matter of decoding the "event packets" into a set of usable coordinates. No guaranteeing I have that final bit completely correct, as each Kobo device does it different...

This works especially well in USBMS mode (so long as you can keep the touch screen awake), as there are no on-screen Nickel controls to interfere with.

If you folk are happy with alpha level software, I'll upload what I have to Github. Beware, the USBMS stuff is a hot mess of C, mixed with Go (using cgo), and a few calls to external programs for good measure. It ain't pretty, but sorta seems to work. I welcome any help in refining it.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote