View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #83
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Is there a way to do a bulk operation on a folder full of nothing but old format Mobi files? I have 876 book files and a bunch of them don't show their covers on my Android phone.

A batch file or command line including *.mobi so it'll open all the mobi files one after the other to do its magic. If it can only work with full file names, there are ways to get a list of all files in a folder into a text file, which can then be edited into a batch file.

According to https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...droid-ipad-etc

They need the enable sharing option enabled. That would take a long time, putting batches into the Kindle folder in internal storage, noting which ones don't show covers, copying to another folder on my desktop then feeding the lot back through Calibre and doing a full re-conversion on them just to twiddle one setting.

And while doing that, I'd also like to change any with the PDOC setting to EBOK.

Of course the best thing would be for Amazon to just fix that @#%@% bug!
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote