View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #14
Croker
Connoisseur
Croker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, obv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Does it make sense that this 800 KB html file has no chapters or other opportunities for page breaks? If so, then pick a few places for breaks and manually add them in Book Designer. If not, then Calibre's automatic chapter detection is likely failing. This should be obvious in Adobe Digital Editions (no chapters in the TOC). I think Calibre uses h1 and h2 as the default chapter detection marks, but this is customizable.
There are page breaks in the file already, though, and I'd already created a TOC in the Book Designer file, before converting it to html.

Anyway, when I followed Kovid's advice above, and set profile to "none" in Calibre, it produced an ePub with the formatting (and working TOC) intact. The only thing missing was the cover image, which I'd dragged and dropped on to the first page when originally creating the BD file (any advice on how I can get the image back into the document, or how I can get the cover image to display when I open the ePub, would be greatly appreciated).

As things seem to be working now, I just need to know if I can use the ePub I've created on my PRS-505. The advice that Kovid gave me above seems to say that I can't. Is this right?
Croker is offline   Reply With Quote