View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #12103
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
We live on the south west facing side of a ridge, with a good slope to the yard ... and our driveway. The slope of the driveway gets full sun from about 10:00 AM on, this time of the year.

I was able to get the slush shoveled off the slope, down to a thin coat. If there's any sun at all on Sunday, that will be enough. There's a thicker, harder layer of ice at the base of the driveway, just before the garage doors that I couldn't make a dent in, but it won't make it past tomorrow, either, I'm willing to bet. The weather forecast is for temps in the upper 60s.

Right now the temps are still above freezing, and they will likely stay above freezing all night. Plus, it's raining. That may take care of the ice even before the sun comes up.

We were supposed to get a new roof a couple of weeks ago -- the day we got the first snow and ice storm. It's currently scheduled for December 26th, if we can avoid another snow.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote