View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #479
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not the normal version. It's the modified version. It also has less of a line space, but not as less as the Compact version.

Please, I need testers to compare both. I want to know what others think of both of them in both Mobi & KF8.
Why are you developing for the Kindle anyway? I still have a version of Charis from your first (?) time you posted it on my PW. Got rid of the compact and smallcaps version. It looks ok, line-spacing and all. The weight is a bit heavier than Baskerville, but they look almost the same. Gentium Book Basic (the Gentium that Blossom made a bit fatter) and Gentium Book (that was already fat) both are a bit heavier than Charis.

If I ever grow tired of the font I am using (Seagram), I will go to something simple like MT Chinese Surrogate for san-serif, or Gentium Book Basic for serif. The only regret I have for Seagram is the lack of bold. Maybe I find another good calligraphy font that I can drop in for bold. (Most I seen lack symbols and letters - even German calligraphy ones that don't even have umlaut characters )
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote