View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #65
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Technical note:

In order to convert this months bundle to kindle via Calibre you will more than likely hit an error with the Zips containing ¨Opfs contain broken spline¨

Two solutions to that. Tested working one first.

Either unzip the files to individual zips and then individual folders, drag each {main title}.html file (for example Wolf_Among_the_Stars.htm) to calibre and let calibre import the index correctly.

repeat this for the others and then choose CONVERT FILES INDIVIDUALLY (or bulk, your funeral) and splat a MOBI version out. Then send to device.

Other have said that deleting the opf from the zip does the job, YMMV but the index goes screwy for me in that way.

You might also try whispernet´s conversion. again I didn´t try that.

HTH someone.
I usually don't bother downloading the HMTL editions - these are only there until the "final release" date (probably sometime in September) for all the books. Until then, you can download complete books in Mobi or EPUB for all the "finalized books" (the ones that don't say 'half', etc) by clicking on the titles and going to the individual book page.

Later, once all of them are released, I'll download the EPUB and MOBI zip files to move to my backup drive (and use those editions in Calibre; I hate starting a book that isn't finished, as I don't want to have to wait a few weeks to keep up the story line).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote