Thread: Smashwords Help
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Is it a computerized check or by sight? If computerized, I could stick it in with a notice that it does NOT supersede my Creative Commons copyright.

I hate this, though! It looks so unprofessional, just like their insistence that the copyright notice be on the first page. That looks so unprofessional to me.

I sent them an email. I really hope they can make an exception. I'm not comfortable with the idea that spousal book sharing is theft.
I believe they require it, but you can put a notice immediately after it that declares that this is actually a creative commons title and you're ok with sharing it.

I have no idea how the premium inclusion works with feeds to other sites--I can't imagine people who get books from Amazon would like a notice that says "please return to Smashwords to buy additional copies." Maybe it needs to be EXACT so their program can strip out that part before feeding to other stores.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote