View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 02:26 AM   #22
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I recommended Kipling's "The Brushwood Boy" to another member wanting recommendations for non-stereotypical love stories, and I realize it appeals to me for much the same reason. In the early stages it is an astonishingly clear-eyed depiction of a child's world view.
That's what appeals to me about Daisy Ashford's 'The Young Visiters' - a story about adults and their world written by a nine year old.
It's charming and enlightening.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote