View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
I have only just received my Touch. I spent the 2 plus weeks waiting for it to arrive obsessively reading MR to learn other's experiences. After reading the posts about issues with Calibre I was very careful when I loaded my books. I started one at a time and progressed up to 5 and then (feeling reckless!) 10 ebooks per transfer.
I allowed plenty of time for them to transfer waiting 20 to 30 seconds after the "job" was supposedly complete before disconnecting my Touch. I used the Calibre disconnect waited 20 to 30 seconds and then checked with Windows before actually removing the USB. Only once was I still connected when I checked with Window and that was when I didn't wait before checking.
Loading 250 books this way took quite a while but it made me be ruthless with most of the 150 freebies I have collected over the past year. They are still in my Calibre library but haven't made it onto my Touch.
Most but not all of my covers made it across - probably 10 or so from the 250 books. However most of those covers were missing on my original Kobo as well. I have never understood why this happens as I have attempted to redo the covers several times. Sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote