View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
PurdueKenny
PurdueKenny began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, nook
Exclamation <dc:time> Not Populating Properly

Noticed that there is a Calibre forum, so I posted the question there. I know it's not in etiquette to post in multiple forums; however, I do not see a delete option since I posted it here first.

---

Hello,

I work with Purdue University Agricultural Communication Department and we are wanting to produce .epubs that pass Adobe's epubchecker test. Our designers are using Calibre to go from an InDesign file to the final, polished .epub because it has a GUI and they do not know HTML (or how XML works).

That's the background. The issue is that when we export the epub from Calibre, Calibre inserts the correct date and time into the meta tag <meta name="calibre:timestamp">; however, for <dc:date>, the required meta tag, it inputs <dc:date>0101-01-01...</dc:date>, which is obviously not a valid date.

They are using Macs and I have replicated the issue. I do want to note that our macs are administrated by an IT department and they have locked down the Time and Date section of the Operating System; however, Calibre still somehow grabs the correct date for their meta tag.

Any help would be appreciated in solving this problem through Calibre's user interface and not by modifying the .opf file.

Finally, the version of Calibre they are using is 0.8.

Last edited by PurdueKenny; 09-21-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Explanation of Multipost
PurdueKenny is offline   Reply With Quote