View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
Zach
Zach is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony
OneNote and other Annotation software

I have a Sony Reader and it's pretty good. E-Ink is great but I've come to realize that annotation and indexing are critical features for me.

After doing a little research this past week it appears that there aren't many programs at all that do allow for annotation. PDF annotator and Jarnal let you mark up pdf files but what about programs that can handle an assortment of file types?

I will probably buy a UMPC (Samsung Q1 Ultra) soon, but since one of its main uses will be as an ereader / notepad I want to make sure I have the software issue resolved.

Both GoBinder and OneNote seem like good options. OneNote in particular looks like a good fit. I would appreciate some comments from users on how well suited these programs are as reader / annotators. I'm a bit surprised they've received so little attention on these forums. Most members clearly prefer an E-Ink display but there are others who are interested in annotation as well. Is OneNote poorly suited for use as a reader?

If you have found a different program that does the above with html, pdf and djvu files, please tell me about it.
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote