View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I have not found any evidence that this is Netronix hardware, by the way, and I should know.
To be honest, it was my second thought as well - the design just yells "Netronix" to me. Button placement and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Why don't I like it? The 4 buttons on the side are difficult to see, much less press.
Hm.
I didn't spend much thought on that yet.
I'm looking at it now, I see what you mean, but my device has labels above, so I can clearly see/feel where I have to press.

Quote:
The D-pad is too low on the device for me to have my thumb on it when holding the device with one hand.
You know, I kinda have to agree with that. I had to learn how to hold it and still can't hold it in one hand too long.
Though I don't see how that can be avoided, unless you make the non-screen area even larger?

Quote:
And besides, the Kobo e-reader is going to have the stock firmware.
OK, THIS is definitely a drawback, I certainly agree. I still wonder if the standard firmware actually was intended to be anything more than proof-of-concept.

Still, if it's the standard firmware it should be possible to get rid of it in favor of something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
Is it the Netronix firmware? Looks like they've spiffed it up some:

http://www.koboereader.com/experience.html

Looks pretty slick, actually.
Hm.
I did a (very) quick try and couldn't reproduce that library view.
However, that doesn't mean it's not possible - the UI actually can be customized, even more so if it is a new release where no elements are hardcoded anymore.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote