View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #20
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiermel View Post
When you add support for images and the creation of Table of Contents from heading1, heading2, etc... and will that is lacking. Without that, it is now unusable.

Thanks for the work
I agree with the above comments.

I use a lot OpenOffice to produce PDF ebooks, because of the so convenient PDF button.
I wish it would be the same with an EPUB button.

Now, to produce PDF ebooks with OpenOffice, I get on with only two "tools":
- one ad hoc 9x12 model (this is the drawback of the PDF format, you have to publish for one size only) but with obvious advantages: easy TOC creation -handling of heading levels- , management of endnotes, insertion of images, justification of text...
- in case of need, one macro (to strip the Gutenberg kind of text from their inconvenient "hard returns".

I know calibre can convert from odt to epub, but as I am not fluent with the epub format, I have not been able to check if it could be of any use.

Thanks you for your efforts.

Last edited by roger64; 02-21-2010 at 11:52 PM.