View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #55
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Vera held onto Vivaldi, who was trying to root around in her purse. Probably for bacon. If she jumped into the Mississippi right now, she would probably... yes, quite certainly drown. Not the top option.

"I have been trying a few... experiments... with lower forms of animal." Vivialdi growled at the Doctor. "Some of them have been... nearly successful. I have come to the conclusion that in order to make an animal more human like, one must have a rather... intelligent specimen to begin with. You puppy looks to be just about right."

"He's not for sale," said Vera, although if it came down to jumping in the river and drowning or giving up the puppy, which was starting to have a rather unusual odor, she knew which way that wind would blow.

"Ah! Not for... purchase, dear lady! Just for... improvement."

The way that Montsnmags kept hesitating before the relevant phrases in each sentence was beginning to annoy Vera. "Well, I just met him, but I wouldn't want any harm to come to him..."

"Well, not... harm, so much as... improvements. But that is not why I came out to... speak with you, my dear."

Vera backed up to the railing. The paddlewheel made an awful racket in her left ear. She glanced nervously around.

"No, I am interested in... a business venture, if you will."

Her eyes narrowed suspiciously. When you made your living by skinning marks at the poker table, you had a native distrust of anyone offering something for nothing. Or "ventures," as the case may be. "What sort of business?"

"My associate and I are on our way to Havana, Cuba to try our... 'luck' in the area there. We have... high hopes for success, given that no one there... knows us."

"How is Slick doing with the table, by the way?"

Montsnmags looked at his pocket watch and said, "By now, he owns... their underwear and gold teeth. However, since he disdains the use of... undergarments of any type, he will let them wear what they have on until they can... mail him the replacement cost from the next stop."

Last edited by pshrynk; 10-29-2009 at 02:24 PM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote