View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 06:15 PM   #26
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Indeed this 4/3 ratio presumes you'll be reading in portrait mode. Even if it was offered on the Sigil report as a default mode, it should not be seen as a compulsory "same size for all", just like another possibility you give to these portrait mode users . They take it or not. I have no statistics to give you, but I do think they may be a majority among readers...

Using this percentage as an inline style, allows to modify the display very easily. As you use a unique value for each image, I cannot see why it should be better to put it in the stylesheet. The closer this value is from the display, the easier you check it.
Sorry, but...I see absolutely no advantage whatsoever to using it inline. If you're using Sigil, why not just click "go to link or style?" Instead of scrolling around?

It's your workflow, so...don't care. I thought there was some technical reason (rendering, devices, something) for doing what you're doing, but there isn't, apparently.

I simply don't understand why you don't just set the width???? In one place, in the CSS? Why not just say img=80%? What is it that the rest of us are missing?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote