Thread: Oasis x Voyage
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #92
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I don't really see much difference between my Voyage and my Oasis screen. They have a very slight difference in backround, but only would notice if staring at both of them side by side for some time. On side by side, I say that the Voyage has maybe a wee bit more contrast. Again, not noticeable unless staring at both. Its so slight though that its not really worth mentioning. I have one of the earliest production runs I would think as I pre-ordered it a year ago.

For me the button is worth it. It is my number one requirement for a e-reader. As long as they make buttons on e-readers, that is the one I will buy. It is non-negotiable for me. As a bonus the Oasis is the most ergonomic reader since the K1 and so so much lighter. It is a joy to hold. I do read out of the cover pretty much always, but for a few minutes here and there. Sometimes if I ran the Oasis down and it needs a charge, or if I am sitting in a waiting room.

As far as the sensor, I had liked it initially on the Voyage, but then it kept going up and down as I sat and read by a side lamp. Depending on how I tilted and I move a lot when I read so it started to annoy me. But I don't know whey they didn't put it in the Oasis for those that like it. I just turned it off, so no bother. But now those that like it don't have the option.
Would that have added so much production cost to add the sensor?
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote