View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 08:03 PM   #137
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchiplin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Instead of rolling back the firmware, there is a patch to disable the new homescreen.
I have read the thread and am ready to try the patch. However, I don't see which one disables the home screen. Can you possibly point me to it?
Download the following patch from the link in my previous post: patch_kobo_4038966

Unzip the file.

Go to the following folder: 4.3.8966_source

Open the following file: libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch

About two thirds of the way down the libnikel file you will find the patch:

Quote:
#
# The following two patches are alternatives, don't enable more than one.
#
# `Disable new home screen`
# `Enable new home screen`
#

<Patch>
patch_name = `Disable new home screen`
patch_enable = `no`
# patch_group = `Home screen alternatives`
# HomePageController::newHomeScreenEnabled() --> False
replace_bytes = 736A64, 30 46, 00 20
</Patch>

<Patch>
patch_name = `Enable new home screen`
patch_enable = `no`
# patch_group = `Home screen alternatives`
# HomePageController::newHomeScreenEnabled() --> True
replace_bytes = 736A64, 30 46, 01 20
</Patch>

But be aware that this patch is just for this firmware version. It is NOT for the newest firmware version. Not sure if you can disable the new home screen in that.

Last edited by Question Mark; 05-20-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote