View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Jumping in to writing

I've thought about it for a while, and recently, while watching Pawn Stars, there was a quote from Paradise Lost, that coupled with an image that a friend of mine put up in a "writing prompt" that got me writing.

I figured it'd be short, I've never written anything before. I'm about 2500 words in and haven't even scratched the surface.

I know what I want to happen, and when it will happen, but I've never been good at getting from point A to point B. So I'm just writing and seeing where it will take me. I'm finding that it almost writes itself if you just sit and go.

And I've been told by my friend to just write....if I go back and change things, I'll never finish. So regardless of how boring it might be to me, I'm going to just write and try to write about 2000 words a day if possible. I don't know if that's a good goal or not.

If anyone is interested in what I'm writing, I'm more than willing to share, I don't plan on making any money, and it's not the next literary masterpiece. But any help on structure would be appreciated.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote