View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #24
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hooper View Post
Whilst this is very good for use when you are home with your computer does anyone know if there is an android version of Calibre that can be run directly on a tablet running Android 4 ICS? I would love to be able to download my favourite papers and magazines directly onto my tablet to read on Kindle for Android whilst travelling without a computer. At the moment I am well versed in doing so on my computer at home and transferring them across by cable to my tablet. The above discussion would make this more convenient wirelessly but not appropriate when I don't have access to my home computer. I could only find a Linux version on the Calibre site, does anyone know if this has been adapted for Android. Any help or pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks from a newbie here - joined today.
Calibre doesn't have a tablet app per se however you could install "calibre2opds" which uses Dropbox to get access to your catalogue. Another app called Calibre Companion is being actively developed and it was their intention to add that feature, not sure if they've gotten there yet...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote