View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
Books I just never understood the buzz about. Why is THAT a 'good' book?

"A Confederacy of Dunces" comes to mind.

The first Harry Potter Book, (never could work up the enthusiasm for any more!)
I have made multiple attempts at the first Harry Potter. My library has so many past records of my name attached to borrowing it they must think I really like it, but each so far has been a failed attempt to get past the first page.

It just hasn't kept me hooked. I've also tried to read the hunger games too, must be me getting old?... I like to try to have an educated sense of what my children are into... (and so I know what they are callin' it these days )

There isn't entirely a generation gap. My daughters LOVE "Anne of Green Gables" and the Laura Ingalls Wilder books, and all the books I had laying around the house when they were young.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote