View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Part of the allure of becoming a starving poet is to feel more alive, more conscious in the process of writing, and to share that heightened sense of awareness through language. Emily Dickinson and Gerard Manley Hopkins weren't in it for the money.
Woo-Hoo! I'm starvin'! I'm starvin'!

I appreciate your comment as I agree muchly. Poetry for me is very much about sharing experiences, emotions, events, life. Now that certainly doesn't mean that is what is being measured in the above research but it appears (thought it's hard to tell is such an abbreviated article) that part of the study was some type of evaluation of what the reader was getting from the reading, not just a measurement of neuronal firing.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote